February 4, 2011:
- Kraken BLAST Beta Version 0.7.4 released. This update includes bug fixes to correct issues regarding how Kraken generates sequence segments, creates DLL directories, and resolved a bug that allowed Kraken to hang indefinitely if a Tentacle failed to reconnect after completing a data segment. Updated the way Kraken shuts down to ensure it does not confirm closing when closed via the Task Manager or when ordered to close when the machine is shutting down / rebooting. Kraken BLAST version 0.7.3 requires the use of Tentacle version 0.6.4 or higher, but prefers Tentacle version 0.7.0.
January 11, 2011:
- Kraken BLAST Beta Version 0.7.3 released. This update includes bug fixes to correct issues regarding how Kraken determines the amount of time it takes to write each blastout segment and resolved an issue that allowed Kraken to hang when the force database upload option was checked. New features include the ability for Kraken to estimate the amount of time remaining for a BLAST and various code re-writes to increase the speed and stability of the program. Kraken BLAST version 0.7.3 requires the use of Tentacle version 0.6.4 or higher, but prefers Tentacle version 0.7.0.
December 3, 2010:
- Kraken BLAST Beta Version 0.7.2 released. This update includes bug fixes to correct issues regarding how Kraken sends out databases, correct issues regarding how Tentacle handles fragmented databases, correct and issue regarding the possibly for Kraken to crash when it is exiting, and correct an issue where the Active Tentacle list would sometimes show the IP address instead of the host name for Tentacles when they failed. Kraken BLAST version 0.7.2 requires the use of Tentacle version 0.6.4 or higher, but prefers Tentacle version 0.7.0.
October 27, 2010:
- Kraken BLAST Beta Version 0.7.1 released. Update fixes a bug that allowed the Active Tentacls list to contain multiple copies of a Tentacle when a Tentacle rebooted and also corrects an issue that caused the program to crash if a new Tentacle joined the network when the program was working on another Tentacle. This version also adds new status box messages to let the usr know when the program is estimating file sizes. Kraken BLAST version 0.7.1 requires the use of Tentacle version 0.6.4 or higher, but prefers Tentacle version 0.7.0.
October 12, 2010:
- Kraken BLAST Beta Version 0.7.0 released. This update is classified as a major revision of the Kraken BLAST program and contains the following changes:
- Bug Fixes:
- TBLASTX was incorrectly asking for protein databases. This has been corrected so that it will only accept nucleotide databases.
- Fixed a bug that made Kraken unable to BLAST fasta files that contained 100 or less sequences.
- Fixed an unhandled exception bug related to finding new Tentacles on the network.
- Corrected a problem that causes Kraken to crash when it attempted to use a sequence file that contained more than 2,147,483,647 sequences. Kraken will now accept a maximum of 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 sequences in a single input sequence file.
- Patched a bug in Kraken that caused the program to not let go of a database file correctly if an upload failed.
- Patched a bug in Tentacle that caused the program to not let go of a database file correctly if a download failed.
- Query Databases have been completed revised:
- Databases can now be removed from Kraken and the connected Tentacles through the Kraken interface.
- New databases now generate an Information File that contains information vital to Kraken.
- The Tentacles will now use the previously mentioned Information Files to determine if it needs a new copy of the database - This method is far more reliable than the previous method used in version 0.1.0 - 0.6.5.
- The database list now only shows databases that were added using the built in database formatter.
- Kraken will automatically update old databases (added to Kraken before version 0.7.0) to the new database standard.
- Revisions made to the Tentacle remote node client:
- A second communication port was established to allow Tentacle to recieve stop commands.
- Tentacle now uses the .nnfo and .pnfo (Information) files to check if a database needs to update.
- The Tentacle log file now prints to a new file each month. This is in keeping with how Kraken does logging.
- Kraken now issues shutdown commands to each Tentacle when Kraken ends. This kills the work each Tentacle is doing so that they will not continue to use up resources when the Kraken client is closed.
- Kraken BLAST version 0.7.0 will use Tentacle version 0.6.4, however Tentacle 0.7.0 requires the use of Kraken BLAST version 0.7.0 or higher.
September 13, 2010:
- Kraken BLAST Beta Version 0.6.5 released. Update fixes a bug that allowed Kraken to freeze if a user added a new file to the BLAST Queue while BLASTing and the program now protects itself from running empty FASTA sequence files. Kraken BLAST version 0.6.5 requires the use of Tentacle version 0.6.4.
September 2, 2010:
- Kraken BLAST Beta Version 0.6.4 released. Update improves fault tolerance by increasing Kraken's awareness of the status of each Tentacle so it can better make decisions and also this update spawns a new project to allow for an evaluation copy of Kraken BLAST. Kraken BLAST version 0.6.4 requires the use of Tentacle version 0.6.4+.
August 27, 2010:
- Kraken BLAST Beta Version 0.6.3 released. Update fixes a bug that causes the program to become unable to see the Tentacles, updated all standards to be fully compatible with .NET 4.0 standards, changed how Kraken reads input FASTA files to only keep what is needed in memory, allowing the user to BLAST FASTA files that are many times larger than the host machines total amount of RAM / Memory. Kraken BLAST version 0.6.3 requires the use of Tentacle version 0.5.5+.
August 9, 2010:
- Kraken BLAST Beta Version 0.6.2 released. Update fixes a bug in the GUI that caused the user interface to hang on large files (though the program still completed the file), altered program to reduce network traffic for checking for usable tentacles, and corrected the way that Kraken determines sequence size to only check Whitelisted Tentacles (ignorning Blacklisted Tentacles). Kraken BLAST version 0.6.2 requires the use of Tentacle version 0.5.5+.
July 21, 2010:
- Kraken BLAST Beta Version 0.6.1 released. Update adds the ability to Blacklist and Whitelist Tentacles, updates the code to hand out segments to work more efficiently and 200% faster, moved the location of Registry Keys. Kraken BLAST version 0.6.2 requires the use of Tentacle version 0.5.5+.
July 19, 2010:
- Kraken BLAST Beta Version 0.6.0 released. Update corrects the "Tentacle Check Failed" bug, begins the implementation of Blacklisting, and renames "BLAST Options" to "Kraken Options". Kraken BLAST version 0.6.0 requires the use of Tentacle version 0.5.5+.
May 1, 2010:
- Kraken BLAST Beta Version 0.5.5 released. Update fixes a handful of bugs related to the program loading slow. Version 0.5.5 also establishes a better method for allowing the program to determine sequence segmentation sizes. Kraken BLAST version 0.5.5 requires the use of Tentacle version 0.5.5+.
- Tentacle Beta Version 0.5.5 released. Version 0.5.5 establishes a better method for allowing the Kraken BLAST application to determine sequence segmentation sizes. Tentacle version 0.5.5 requires the use of Kraken BLAST version 0.5.5+.
April 14, 2010:
- Kraken BLAST Beta Version 0.5.4 released. Update fixes a handful of bugs related to the actually BLASTING process as well as a new method for cleaning up and managing Kraken's database storage. Tentacle version number has also increased to version 0.5.4 for record keeping purposes - the program remains unchanged from version 0.5.3.